Richmond Minor Hockey Association is proud to announce our use of ePACT, a very secure Canadian- based online emergency network, to improve emergency preparedness and safety for all our athletes. ePACT helps Richmond Minor Hockey Association better connect, communicate and share critical information in case of a crisis, like an illness or injury of one of our players, or an evacuation at the rink.
· Each player's family will receive an email invitation to use ePACT by September 1, 2015.
· Families then accept this invite and create their ePACT account.
· Following a series of steps, parent enter required details, such as medical history and emergency contacts.
· Families then securely share this information with Richmond Minor Hockey Association allowing coaches/managers access to their information.
· Families can update ePACT anytime during the year, and we will automatically be alerted (e.g. add a new cell phone or new emergency contact, and we receive that update).
ePACT provides us with more accurate, up to date and legible information than the paper forms we've used in past. Because it is web-based, we have the ability to securely access the system via smartphone, tablet or computer so it's always accessible at the rink or on the road. The system also maintains the same levels of security and privacy as online banking to ensure the safety of your information, while limiting access only to the coach and manager in case a player requires support.
“By using ePACT, we will have better information for our players and better connection to their personal support networks of family and friends. We are confident that our level of preparedness to deal with any situation will exceed expectations using this system.”
ePACT Network FAQ
1) What is ePACT? ePACT is an online emergency network that helps youth sports organizations eliminate the need for paper-based forms used for medical emergency information, emergency contacts, waivers, consents, and more. Instead of having parents manually fill out their emergency and medical information every year, they input the information once through ePACT’s secure, online network and share it with their association year after year. Coaches and Team Managers can also access their players’ medical and contact details securely via web, mobile phone or tablet, and communicate to parents and emergency contacts in the event of an emergency (e.g. a player is injured, practice is cancelled, severe weather, etc.).
2) How secure is ePACT? ePACT deals with very sensitive and confidential information, therefore the privacy and security of this data is paramount. The security of ePACT is modeled after the security standards required for online banks, and in some cases ePACT exceeds those standards. As a company, we are also both FOIPPA (Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) compliant. Individuals have complete control over their ePACT account and only they can decide whom they share their information with.
3) Is ePACT approved by Hockey Canada? ePACT has been approved by Hockey Canada as a viable replacement for the Hockey Canada Player Medical Information Sheet paper form. We encourage all minor hockey associations to continue using the paper form for families who may not have access to the internet. Those paper forms can still be scanned into ePACT, so that all your records can be securely accessed through one centralized system.
4) Do our families have to input all their information into ePACT every season? No. ePACT makes it easy for families, because they input their information once and it can then be shared with their association season after season. If their information changes throughout the season, they can update it and it will automatically be updated for everyone at your association.